It’s December, and that means we’re less than two months away from the release of Hunt the Stars on February 1! Cue panicked screaming, lol. To celebrate the upcoming release and get in the holiday spirit, I’m giving away five signed ARCs (advance reader copies).
See below for details on how to enter, but first, here’s a message from our sponsor—me! :)
The supply chain is kind of a mess right now, so if you want a paper book at release, I strongly suggest preordering it. To help you out, I’ve partnered with three independent bookstores to do signed books / bookplates. See this blog post for full details or just dive in and order from your favorite below!
Is an ebook more your style? Luckily, so far the ether that powers the internet hasn’t run low, but I would still really appreciate a preorder if you’re so inclined. :)
The critically acclaimed author of Polaris Rising takes readers on an exciting journey across the galaxy with the start of her brand-new series about a female bounty hunter and the man who is her sworn enemy.
Octavia Zarola would do anything to keep her tiny, close-knit bounty hunting crew together—even if it means accepting a job from Torran Fletcher, a ruthless former general and bitter adversary. When Torran offers her enough credits to not only keep her crew afloat but also hire someone to fix her ship, Tavi knows that she can’t refuse—no matter how much she’d like to.
There’s just one catch: with so much money on the line, Torran and his crew insist on joining the hunt. Tavi reluctantly agrees because while the handsome, stoic leader pushes all of her buttons—for both anger and desire—she’s endured worse, and the massive bonus payment he’s promised for a completed job is reason enough to shut up and deal.
But when they uncover a deeper plot that threatens the delicate peace between humans and Valoffs, Tavi suspects that Torran has been using her as the impetus for a new war. With the fate of her crew balanced on a knife’s edge, Tavi must decide where her loyalties lie—with the quiet Valoff who’s been lying to her, or with the human leaders who left her squad to die on the battlefield. Because this time, her heart is on the line.
Want more? Read the first chapter!
And just in case you missed it the first time, here are those preorder links again… 😉
BookPeople | Copper Dog Books | Mysterious Galaxy
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Apple Books | Kobo | Google Play | Indiebound
My publisher is also running a new Goodreads giveaway this month, so if you’d like to increase your odds of reading the book early, you can hop over there and enter!
And now, what you’re all here for!
To enter to win an ARC, here are the rules. Please read them all! Incomplete entries will be ignored.
- The entry period starts now and ends on December 17, 2021 at noon CST. You must be eighteen or older. Open to US and international readers. Void where prohibited.
- Leave ONE top-level comment (i.e., not a reply to another comment) below and tell me something positive about 2021 or something you’re proud you accomplished this year. Let’s celebrate the end of the year with some positives, because I don’t know about you, but I could certainly use some cheer. :)
- ALSO INCLUDE whether you are in the US or International. Shipping costs are out of control right now, so I’m limiting it to a max of two international winners. I will still pick by random number, but if two international comments have already been chosen, I’ll keep generating numbers until I hit a US comment. This means there may be zero, one, or two international winners, depending on how the RNG rolls. Good luck!
- Duplicate top-level comments will be deleted. You are welcome to reply to other comments, though, because those won’t count as entries.
- Comments must be on the giveaway blog post on my site (www.jessiemihalik.com). Comments on Facebook, Goodreads, etc. won’t count.
- Come back after December 17 and see if you’ve won! Five winners will be picked by random number and must claim their book. Instructions will be included in the winning post.
I’ll start: I wrote and edited Eclipse the Moon this year (and I’m in the US, just for completeness sake). Writing has been super difficult all through the pandemic, so I’m proud that I wrote a book that I love this year! And 2021 brought us COVID-19 vaccines, so I’m very happy about that, too. :)
Oh, and I’m far too happy about this quick little quiz I made that tells you which Starlight’s Shadow crew member you’d be, so while you wait to see if you won, why don’t you mosey over there and check it out?